About the Department
The Department of Social Sciences and Humanities delivers the Undergraduate professional study programme of Management and the Specialist graduate professional study programme of Management, as well as the Undergraduate and Graduate university studies of Early and Preschool Education, and the Integrated undergraduate and graduate university study programme of Teacher Education. The Department of Social Sciences and Humanities consists of two subdepartments (Subdepartment of Economics and Subdepartment of Teacher Education).
Undergraduate professional study programme of Management focuses on education of economists (bachelors) for various professional jobs to be performed in market-oriented companies. The study programme lasts for six semesters.
Upon its completion, graduates are able to:
– define and solve various problems in economics, finance, accounting, marketing, organisation, quantitative methods, statistics and information technology,
– apply acquired knowledge about methods and techniques of economic analysis and business problems that are needed in making decisions to solve them in small and medium
– act individually and within a team to achieve business results and to solve more complex management problems by using interpersonal skills, management techniques and professional skills,
– apply acquired basic knowledge in independent business management or in tasks referring to general professional management, marketing, finance or accounting,
– explain the basic business principles and basic concepts related to entrepreneurship, finance, banking, marketing and key ethical issues that affect their profession.
After passing all exams within the study programme, and after completing professional practice, students proceed with the defence of bachelor thesis, upon which they obtain a degree of Professional Bachelor of Economics.
Specialist graduate professional study programme of Management is devised as a continuing study for professional bachelors of economics. The study lasts for two years and enables vertical and horizontal mobility of students. Upon completion of this study programme, students are able to:
– use specialised knowledge to manage certain business areas (marketing, production, sales and procurement, finance) and to improve business undertakings,
– use quantitative methods in decision-making and manage costs by performing analysis and applying decision-making methods,
– profile their company within the global economy by applying knowledge about institutions, policies, strategies and available European funds,
– acquire knowledge and skills in entrepreneurship to achieve new growth and development of a company,
– acquire knowledge and skills in strategic management and determine direction in which a company shall develop,
– develop managerial skills, team-working skills, communication skills by working with clients and develop other managerial competencies in order to raise the overall organisational success through human resources management,
– build a company value system based on business ethics and corporate social responsibility,
– apply achievements of the digital age into business improvement.
After passing all exams within this study programme, and after completing professional practice, students proceed with the defence of master thesis, upon which they obtain a degree of Professional Specialist in Economics.